Thursday 8 January 2015

New Year.... Fab face



Hi everybody ,

 hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years , I've been so busy working and doing assignments that I've neglected you all for the past while but I'm back now so you can stop freaking out. ;)

Have you ever looked at some body's makeup while you Instagram stalk (don't pretend that you don't) or in person and think it is incredible but you can't pinpoint exactly what it is that's making it look so nice? Over the past few years working in makeup I've really learned that it's the little things that make the biggest difference in a persons makeup so hopefully my next few tips will help to tweak your makeup and give it that something extra.


Number 1)...... Hilight the absolute life out of your cheekbones.

The best product to ever exist in my opinion. I always remember looking at peoples skin and wondering why it looked so glowy and fresh and wondering why my skin looked so dull in comparison. The answer.... hilighter. If you're hungover and your skin is dehydrated from drinking and you have to actually get up and function and look somewhat human . the answer... hilighter. (Sensing a pattern here?). Dab a little (or a lot) onto the top of your cheek bone and across your cheek, down your nose and in the tear ducts of your eyes to brighten them and it's an instant remedy for dull skin.

My faves: 

 

(Left to right, MAC Cream colour base in Pearl, MAC Cream colour base in Hush and Charlotte Tilbury Hilight and Sculpt powder.)


Number 2) .... Liquid liner (VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT)

Now, for those of you that know me (i can hear all the MAC girls laughing at this as i write it, especially Jenni) , i never ever ever or very rarely leave the house without my signature winged liner and truth be told, the reason why is because it makes you look more awake It's the one thing that totally transforms an eye shape. If you're using one in a pot , you need the right brush to go with it and i use an angled brush to get it really precise. LINER QUEEN FOREVER!

My faves :




(Inglot gel liner in #77 is my favourite because it's so black and it doesn't budge)


Number 3).... The right nude lippie.

I love me a good lipstick and it's definitely something i don't leave my house without. If you find the right one that suits your complexion you'll wear it for the rest of your life. Once you have a good nude on , you can wear your eyes as dramatic as you want. I feel like lipstick is one of those things you can't have enough of but 'The One' is hard to come by. I've been lucky enough to find a few 'The ones' and i love them all for different reasons. Nudes come in shades like light pinks, peaches , beige's and light browns so go in and try a few on to be sure to be suuuure.

My faves: 




 

(Top row left to right , MAC Shy girl, Kinda sexy, Peachstock. Bottom row , Velvet teddy, Creme cup.)


Number 4)... The right liner to go with aforementioned lippie (GO AWAY KYLIE JENNER.)

. Once you've found the right nude lipstick that you love , you need to go for a lip liner to match it, it will act as a barrier between your lips and your skin and define the lip  line more. If you colour in your lips with the liner and put your lipstick on over it , it will stay on longer and the colour of your lipstick will be more intense. I feel like it gives your makeup a more professional finish , just don't apply it while you're in the car, steady hand required.

My faves:
 





(Top row left to right, MAC Soar , Plum, Stripdown. Bottom row, Whirl, Stone.)

Number 5) .... Good Eyebrows are key.

Ever the controversial body part, good brows are extremely hard to come by , but the ones that are done properly are the people who's makeup looks the nicest. Once you master a good brow, you're ready to take on the world (or at least the day.) My advice to you on this subject is, go into a makeup counter you like and trust, ask somebody who knows their shizz and find out once and for all what you need to make your brows the best they can be. I normally just put some shadow in mine for some definition but there are a lot of good affordable pencils out there too.

My faves:


(Mac Lingering eyebrow crayon, Spiked brow crayon, Brun eyeshadow, Deep brunette eyebrow gel).




I know personally, mastering all of these things is what helps my makeup look nice so i hope it helps you too. Go fourth and be Hun.

Love Ciara :)

x


No comments:

Post a Comment